Pages

Friday, September 01, 2006

Friends IX

Hello Blog of Fire faithful. Welcome to the 9th installment of my Friends series. The subject today is (though I unfortunately don't have access to any pictures of him) one of my bestest friends, Ryan Theriot. Now, since a good majority of my readers are people who know me from UL, I guess a lot of you don't know who Ryan Theriot is. Well let me introduce him to you:

Ryan and I's friendship stretches back over 15 years! We became friends in the 4th grade at Berwick Elementary school, and we've been best of buds ever since. To this day, Ryan is the friend that I always make an effort to see every time I go home.

There's so many memories, I couldn't possibly touch the surface of them here. I remember just staying up all night playing basketball. Or staying up all night playing video games. Or staying up all night watching TV and movies. Or staying up all night playing Magic: the Gathering. As you can see, whatever we did, it usually involved staying up all night.

Now Ryan is married to a cool young lady named Christina, and they even have a little one on the way. I still hang out with them whenever I go home, though we're unfortunately too old to stay up all night anymore. : ( But we still love to play games and/or watch movies. And that, in a nutshell, is my friendship with Ryan Theriot.

~Ken, Born of Fire

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Ryan and I's"???

Molly said...

Come on, Josh. You know how Ken isn't that worried about his grammar!

Kenneth Taylor said...

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm an English instructor. I MAKE the grammar rules. I don't obey them; they obey me.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, just like you make up your own rules of friendship rather than obeying them, too.

I bet if Ryan had a ping pong table you would have asked him before you busted it.

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Molly said...

Isn't there a famous saying like "Ping Pong tables come and go, but friends are forever?"

12:25 PM

Kenneth Taylor said...

Yeah, I think I've heard that one before Molly. And isn't there a saying like, "He who loses the foosball game shuts his face!" And another one that goes something like, "Take it up with Eric Treuil"?

Anonymous said...

Or how about "Your Face!"

;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ryan.

A appreciate how some people actually care enough to say they are sorry.