Pages

Monday, April 24, 2006

Life With Coffee

I'll just say this: caffeine's a heck of a drug!

You know what though? It's really not about the caffeine. It's about the coffee. The taste. The aroma. The flavorful, fragrant dance with my senses that I experience when the first sip hits my tongue. The relaxation I experience when I sit down and do absolutely nothing but enjoy life and pleasure and God and my surroundings. That's the really special part. I don't -need- caffeine, and I proved it for 40 days.

The caffeine is just lagniappe. It's like buying Axe Body Wash and getting a free trial size stick of Axe deodorant with it. It's the icing on the cake. The cherry on the sundae. The walnuts in the brownies. I'm really hungry.

Basically, it's the little extra thing on the main big thing.

But still: caffeine's a heck of a drug!

And that's the word.

~Ken, Born of Fire

P.S. You wanna hear a joke? What do you tell someone who's nervous and constipated? You tell them to take a relaxative.

No comments: