Pages

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Friends, Pt. 4

This here's Ryan Bourque, and you are reading Part 4 in my ongoing Friends series.

Oh man, what can I say about Ryan? So many memories, but there is one that would perhaps be most interesting to anyone who has seen Ryan and I interact. Yes, the file labeled "Yo Mama" sticks out right about now.

Zeke D'Avy and I led a small group Bible study in the Conference Center back in 2002-2003. We had three guys who were really faithful in attending every week, and one of them was a Freshman named Ryan Bourque. In the course of that year, I recall the exact moment when I felt Ryan and I had really made a connection for the first time.

One day, Zeke, as he often so kindly does when he notices the mop on my head getting out of control, offered to give me a haircut. I never pass up a free haircut. So there we are in the halls of the CC, when Ryan walks up and starts chatting with us. I don't remember who struck first (though it was probably me), but before you know it, Ryan and I were engaging in a friendly exchange of Yo Mama jokes. Our respective mama's got serioiusly torn down that night. And I remember just laughing and laughing, both at Ryan's jokes and his reactions to my jokes.

From that day on, Ryan and I definitely had a closer friendship that would only continue to grow in the years to come. And now you know a little more about my friendship with Ryan, as well as the awesome bond-building power of Yo Mama jokes.

Ken, Born of Fire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Mama is so stupid, she tells "Your Mama" jokes to Ken Taylor.