Pages

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

PMS in Men

That title might throw you for a loop and have you guessing, but don't adjust your monitor. That's exactly what this blog is about. I'm thinking about doing some research on the topic because I don't how to explain some of things I experience otherwise.

I'm not trying to discount the discoveries of the biological sciences or anything. I just know that every once in a while (not once a month; maybe 3 or 4 times a year) I get pretty emotional for a few days. And for no apparent reason. Little things will make me cry (sad or happy, either way).

Just the other day, I went from feeling pretty down (which is not a frequent occurrence for me) to inexplicably exuberant in a matter of minutes (seconds maybe).

I hate my PMS days. And I really want to know why they happen. Any other men out there experience this? Or is it just me? (Please don't let it be just me, or this post will turn out to be quite embarrassing).

6 comments:

Molly said...

So, I think it's just you, Ken. Just kidding.
Maybe it's the androgyny in you. I learned the real definition of it in psychology the other day. Having feminine and masculine characeristics...basically, a strong man who cries, or woman who can change a tire. It is the best way to be, you know.

Anonymous said...

It's not just you. I have my own ups and downs -- often just as mercurial as those you describe.

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Molly said...

Josh, you are totally somewhat androgynous!

Anonymous said...

Kimi no kao! (wa kide desu!)

Molly said...

I don't know what that means.