Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Friends XIII: Kelsey Tomes


Kelsey Tomes, aka the Tomesinator. Her last name means "Voluminous Books," which is entirely fitting because if I could describe Ms. Tomes in one word, it would be "fun." I've never experienced a dull moment reading a big book, and I've never experienced a dull moment around Kelsey.
I think I've discovered one of the sources of her fun-ness: it's simply that she just jumps right in to whatever is going on at the moment. Let me explain with some examples:
A few years ago I got on this kick where I would just randomly tell someone, "Hey, do you remember that time when you punched me in the stomach and told me I was ugly and I can't read good?" Most people would just laugh, or say something like, "No, when did I do that!" Kelsey, on the other hand, would retort with something like, "Yeah, I remember that. And do you remember that time when you kicked me in the shins and told me I had dandruff and I smell funny."
Example 2: Another thing I had started doing recently was approaching friends when they were talking to someone else or a group of people and say something to the effect of, "Hey, So-and-So, I found that lice shampoo that you were looking for at Wal-Mart the other day. It's on aisle 5." Most people didn't quite know how to react to it, but the Tomesinator did. It eventually became a game of one-up-manship. The game culminated with Kelsey besting me, announcing on a microphone in a conference room in a hotel, in front of tons of people, that she had found my Preparation-H on the floor and needed to return it to me.
There are many other great things about this young lady; this is just the one I wanted to highlight. Kelsey Tomes truly lives in the moment, and seems to enjoy life in a way that makes everyone around enjoy it more, too. Thanks Kels.
~Ken, Born of Fire

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken! Thanx for the blog, it was a lot of fun. I like the way that you reflect on your friendships. You rock. Oh. P.s....You remember that time you gave me a wet willy and told me i have knobby knees?

Kenneth Taylor said...

Wow. "knobby knees." That's definitely a new one. I don't even know what that means. But yes, I do remember that. But the only reason I did it was to get you back for slapping me in my face when it was sunburnt and telling me my love handles appear to be growing rapidly.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon ppl. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that singular model. The prices as regards the sneakers are about 300 dollars on every page. But finally I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hi, glom me on lisachu

http://www.oincwireless.com/phpbb/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=109987 is2006.ru/index.php?action=profile;u=147347

Anonymous said...

1000 facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://ndn.org/blog/2011/03/invite-april-1st-webcast-dhs-sec-napolitano-distinguished-panel-discuss-21st-century-bo http://www.salesandmarketing.com/article/talk-money
get facebook likes facebook likes get facebook likes
My antivirus program found this file located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Se… Center\->AntivirusDisableNotify:0 and \->FirewallDisableNotify:0 \->UpdatesDisableNotify:0 How do I delete/remedy this and reinstall my audio driver so that I can have sound? more details here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…

buy facebook likes buy facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]buy facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes