Pages

Friday, May 19, 2006

Friends, Pt. 2

This is the one and only Jacob D'Avy. And this blog is part two in my ongoing "Friends" series. Jacob is one of my best friends, and we were roomates for a year, so I definitely have plenty of memories with Jacob. When I reached for my Jacob files in the old memory vault, the first one that I pulled was one labeled "Avril Lavigne." Yes, I remember it like it was yesterday.

As I said, Jacob and I roomed together for a year, back in 2003-2004. There was this one night when I came back to the room kinda late, and Jacob was already in bed on his top bunk. So I got ready for bed myself, and, as I was and am accustomed to doing, I got into to bed to read for a little while before actually going to sleep. So I read whatever book it was that I was reading at the time. Then once I started to get sleepy, I was about to go turn out the light. As I turn to get out of bed, I look up to see nothing less than a giant image of pop singer Avril Lavigne staring me right in the face! I was quite startled, and yelled "What the heck!" as I jumped out of bed. I then hear Jacob, who I thought was sleeping, laughing from his top bunk.

He got me good. Jacob is a frequent frequenter of Good Will stores, and he later explained to me that on his last visit he had happened to find a huge poster of Avril Lavigne and thought it'd be a fun prank to tape it above my bed.

That poster ended up being the source of many more fun memories throughout the semester; if you want to know about them, just ask either one of us. I'm sure you'll get a good laugh. Anywho, that's Jacob for ya.

Ken, Born of Fire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that jacob D'Avy!