Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2006

I just got through with a fun evening of grading! Now I just feel like writing as a way of relaxing. Yes, in a very weird way, writing is relaxing for me. The only way I can explain it is that when I get my thoughts on paper, they aren't in my head quite as much.

I kinda wanted to write something thought-provoking again, but I think I'm not mentally capable of that at the moment. So, this blog is going to take a "Random Thoughts" format:

I don't think anyone makes me laugh as much as Jacob. Except maybe for Clint. But it's in two very different ways. Comparing Jacob and Clint is like comparing apples and anything not remotely like apples.

Clint loves Skittles. You should buy him some.

I don't see Amanda J enough anymore since she moved out of the house.

I need a new journal.

People whose recent (though only temporary) departure from Lafayette makes it not quite as enjoyable here as it could be: Stacey, Kelly, Molly, and Alyce.

Civilian losses in Lebanon are very sad, but I can't say that I blame Israel. If it's indeed true that Hezbollah is firing missiles from Lebanese villages, then it's pretty much Hezbollah's fault.

It greatly boosts my self-esteem when Ciji laughs at every little attempt I make to be funny.

What?

The complex narrative elements of a good wrestling match is something few people understand.

Pandora.com is pretty much the most awesome music-related technology since the iPod.

Okay, that's enough for now I guess. It feels good to get those thoughts out of my head and into my blog. Oh, and be on the lookout for more Friends installments. I have so many more I want to do. I like spacing them out though, rather than doing them back to back. And per the request of Molly, I'll try some more thought-provoking posts this week, too. Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, lucky for you, one of those 4 people who left Lafayette is back for a day! And it is the Hezbollah people, not all Lebanese people. My aunt and cousins had to escape from Lebanon for their own safety!! I'm looking forward to the next wrestling documentary I get to see.

Well, the bottom is a pie crust, with a layer of cccrream sheese, then vanilla ppppudding, chocollllate pudding, wahipped caream with shredded chahocolate and walnuts on top!

Optimistic Caterpillar said...

Man Ken that was an awesome blog....I can't believe you mentioned me in it. That just made my day.....now being at work isn't so boring.

*rubs ear* WHAT?

Well, I hope got alot done last night and I'll see you later. oh and don't you ever stay out that late ever again, do you understand me young man? Next time I'll take out "LEROY".

:) Just jokin'......What?

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean by writing being relaxing. There will be times I can't sleep at night so I sit in front of the pc for about an hour or so just typing - once all the stuff gets on the paper and out my head, the brain is empty and sleep soon comes.